Minty Sugar Scrub & Manicure
What is the number one thing you do at the salon? For most people the top two things are getting hair done and getting a manicure. But you don’t have to go to the salon in order to get a quality spa manicure – you can do it yourself. Of course one of the nicest things about getting a manicure is the massage and the scrub so if you can get someone to help you with the manicure it you will feel even more pampered. Before you start your manicure you should make your own sugar scrub to exfoliate your hands, here is a Minty Sugar Scrub recipe to help you make your own:
Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl, mixture should be grainy. If you think it is not grainy enough add more brown sugar, if it needs more liquid add more coconut oil and or a little bit of water.
- Your Homemade Scrub
- Towels (to dry)
- Nail Clippers
- Nail File
- Bowl of Warm Water and Soap
- Cuticle Oil
- Cuticle Stick
- Nail Buffer
- Nail Polish
Steps for a great manicure:
- First soak your hands in the bowl with warm soapy water.
- Take one hand and place it on the towel. Clip your nails, push back your cuticles, and use the nail file to shape your nails.
- Switch hands and repeat. If you can get someone to do this for you it makes it much more relaxing.
- Now use your homemade sugar scrub and massage your fingers, hands, wrists, and your arm up to the elbow.
- Soak your hands again and replace the water if needed.
- Take hands out of the water and pat dry then buff your nails.
- Finish with some nail polish and you are done!